Digital Transformation is the process of integration of digital technology into all the processes of business so as to manage evolving market, business and customer requirements. Digital Transformation leads to fundamental changes in business operations so as to facilitate crafting of new opportunities for innovation as well as delivering of value proposition to customers. Digital transformation in education implies digitizing of all the processes as well as products so as to enhance the teaching and learning experience for everyone involved, including students, alumni, teachers and staff.
Digital Transformation of education can include:
- Transformation in Campus environment
- Transformation in Learning Methods
- Transformation in Teaching Methods
Digital transformation trends in education:
Artificial Intelligence: AI can undertake simple time consuming tasks so as to ease the workload of educators or school staff. The application will include:
- Ways to Improve student’s performance
- Voice-to-texttechnologies provide assistance to hearing impaired students
- Text-to-voicetechnologies help students with dyslexia to learn effectively.
- Personalized learningcan tailor the education as per the students learning pattern.
- Ways to enhance effectiveness of staff
- Intelligent FAQ chatbotsact as virtual advisors and answer queries related to class, curriculum, homework, campus, etc.
- Domain specific chatbots:Chat bots customized to support students during the admission process will ease the stress and help college counselors.
- AI can help identify inefficiencies in the back office functions and offer solutions to improve.
- Automation technologies can help save time of support staff.
Analytics: With Digitization, schools will be able to analyze data about students so as to monitor their progress as well as their shortcomings. The schools will customize solutions and will also be able to monitor the effects of these solutions on students-whether it enhanced his performance or not.
Augmented reality/Virtual reality: This can facilitate creation of interactive and virtual environments so that the students can have a better engagement with the subject. For eg. Virtual field trips to historical locations or science experiments etc. The AR/VR technologies will also help improve the distance learning experience.
Internet of Things (IoT): The devices like smart phones have enhanced the real-time connectivity between students and their educational institutions. IoT devices can be utilized to alert teachers and parents for children’s security in case of their absence in class.
Smart classes: Digital technologies have ensured that the classes are equipped with smart boards, internet connections, computers, projectors, etc. and have thus enhanced the ways of delivering learning resources to students. Additionally the educational institutes can develop their online class systems and integrate them on their websites. They can also tailor their learning resources as per the needs to the students as well as the subjects being taught.
Digital transformation course: Students must choose from the gamut of colleges,’ basis the following parameters:
- The curriculum must offer students the ability to utilize all the necessary tools required to handle transformation projects taking care of evolving digital economy.
- The course must help students gain competencies on ways to lead your organisation into the future keeping global perspective in view.
- The college must also guide students by offering them an understanding of how digital transformation leads to organizational and technological changes along with variation in role, skills as well as the concept of leadership.